One of my first --years ago

Sunday, May 30, 2010

96 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments

Sat. was heavy duty yard work day so today was "total day of rest" day...until remembering a conversation with a friend last week about the year she decided to complete 90 ornaments!  So out came all the Just Cross Stitch ornament issues I've collected so far (7), a yellow pad, and pen.  I gave one sheet of paper for each issue; wrote "design # on the right side and Instruction page# on the left, then went through each issue writing down the ones that jumped off the page and that given the time, I would love to complete--total?  96!  Next, I chose the ones to make as Christmas gifts this year--6 at the moment--.  Tonight I'll go through fibers and material and make up as many kits as possible--I know this will speed things up enormously.  No, I don't have any plans to finish 96 in a year...but wouldn't it be fun if it somehow happened?! My friend--finished 76...among other things.

2 comments:

  1. I adore these magazines!
    You've given me an idea...dig out mine and kit up some that I'd like to stitch!!
    Have a great day!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with all the ornaments

    ReplyDelete