One of my first --years ago

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Floss holder to the rescue

So, the one thing I wanted from my Granpa and Granma's house before they sold it many years ago was this metal horse.  It had resided in a large glass fronted display in their dining room.  Whenever I stayed with them, Gramma would carefully open the glass display and let me choose one thing to "play" with and I always chose this horse.  So my Aunt very kindly sent it to me.  It arrived with two front legs held together with glue.  It had seen a LOT of fun over the years with grandkids and great-grandkids. Well not that long ago it just fell over -- you know --kind of went legless you might say.  So I was trying thinking I'd have to put in the vise in the workroom to hold it in the position I'd need in order to try to glue them back on.  Cross-stitch box to the rescue!  He fit very neatly in one of the sections where I store my threads.  So now the legs are back in place and he will remain in the Cross Stitch hospital at least until tomorrow.---Want to make sure he lasts another 60 years!








may your fingers be flying...Peg

3 comments: