One of my first --years ago

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wonky email address

Mary mentioned in a comment under my pin cushion chair that her email to me bounced.  It should be working now and Mary, to answer your question yes-I have made a number of the pins in that chair. In fact it's becoming quite a fun side line for me. I couldn't find the decorative pins I wanted so one day decided to begin making them. As I've tried different combinations I'm finding out what I like and don't like and now everywhere I go (Thift Stores and garage sales in particular) everywhere I look I'm finding little containers to make into pincushons and THEN I get an idea of what kind of pins I'd like to make to fill it.  I've decided to have two categories:
Pretty pins that are useful; and Pretty Pins that are decorative.  There, now I've started thinking about them again, and planning. Isn't that always the way!

These were my first try--background is the ocean on a getaway weekend I took all by myself.

Remember I mentioned about the stocking I'm making? Well Friday night I was cutting an pasting the copies of the 2 angel patterns I'd bought until I got the one I wanted.  Then I woke up Saturday thinking "oh yes and I could do lace on the edges there, and that part should be....."  It was SO much fun doing this planning part because I've waited for so many years for Just the Right One!  Aren't we the luckiest people in the world to love such a creative, satisfying gift like this!  Happy Day all.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pins Peg.
    They're lovely. I'll try the email again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pins....those beads are so "rich". Thanks for sharing.

    Sounds like your stocking is going to be a treasure...can't wait to see it as you go through the process.

    ReplyDelete