One of my first --years ago

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

To the state fair.....or not?

So last night at Monday night stitch group we were talking about the State Fair and who was entering in this year.  I never have. When someone suggested I enter the "longest project ever" piece I finally finished this year  I went home thinking about it.  But then I realized the reason I stitch-I suppose there are many, but the main reason is that it gives expression to something creative deep inside that nothing else does in quite the same way so it's extremely personal.  As I looked at that framed piece that had taken so long to finish involving so  many starts and stops I knew I couldn't put it before others and say "ok,, judge this".  Not only do I already have the kind comments of my friends about it, but also the joy it gives me every time I look at it and  I realized those are what matters most to me.
  But I am SO looking forward to seeing blue ribbons on my friends work--that's another kind of joy!

1 comment:

  1. It's well deserving of a blue ribbon, but I do understand where you're coming from. It's a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete