One of my first --years ago

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Light of the World

This was the project that  brought me to counted cross.
I bought the pattern about 14 years ago, and started it over 4 times! The restarting lead me to The Laizy Daisy in Raleigh, NC in serious need of help. This introduced me to a great group of women who stitch together on Monday nights and who are always willing to help.

This piece symbolizes the truth that was made real to me so many years ago---that the seeming darkness of our surroundings and situations cannot overcome the Light of Christ, sent forth from the heart of a loving Father who is always seeking to draw His children to Himself.

1 comment:

  1. I understand why you went into English at one time - you speak so eloquently and beautifully!
    And truthfully. So glad to see you with a blog - will look forward to all of your installments. And this piece is beautiful - great stitching!

    ReplyDelete